Childbirth Education – Group Classes
Single-day childbirth education courses for expecting families. The group size for these classes maxes out at 4 families.
True North Birth Center – Poulsbo, WA
June 11th and June 25th, from 10am-4pm
– Additional dates forthcoming.
$250/birthing unit (individual, couple, triad)
– Birthing units larger than 3, please reach out for accommodations.
6 hours of class with a built-in lunch break
Pack a sack lunch and snacks which will nourish you for our time together. Please refrain from particularly smelly or messy foods as we’re in a shared space together.
– If you have any food allergies which require disclosure to the group for assistance in keeping you safe, please let me know.
Classes are taught in English with no ASL or translation services at this time. The birth center is accessible to wheelchair users. It is not a scent-free space, but it is scent-lite. There is an accessible parking spot just outside the front door of the birth center. Kitsap County public transportation is extremely limited, but the Access Bus can typically get you to the birth center – inquire if you run into issues.
– If your accessibility needs are not covered in this disclosure, please reach out and we can address them.
What will be covered
– Family dynamics
– Labor and delivery
– Postpartum care and recovery
– Caring for a newborn
– Community resourcing
– A bunch of stuff for partners that you didn’t know you wanted/needed to know
– Anything the group decides it would like to learn
My goal is to be your guide. I strive to ask the right questions, notice when you have a look of confusion or curiosity on your face, and create space to explore those curiosities. My classes are highly adaptable – each group arrives with their own needs and desires for content and I work with each group to create a path toward meeting those needs. I welcome questions and interruptions while also being mindful of the agenda we’ve agreed to.
– These classes prioritize the needs and lens of queer/trans/BIPOC/disabled/fat/mad folks as when we do so, we meet the needs of all.
– Please arrive with an open-mind and a compassionate spirit.
– If you have hurdles impacting your ability to access this class, please reach out to discuss.